So you want to be away from your facebook social networking site for sometime, but do not want to delete the facebook account permanently but just put it into hibernation so you can return back later, then what you need to do is to deactivate your facebook account temporarily.
The best part of deactivating the account is your contacts, shared links etc just stays there until you re-login to your facebook account. So how do I temporarily deactivate my account.
- First you should visit facebook.com homepage and enter your login credentials.
- Now go to “Settings” by clicking on the down arrow icon on the top right corner of your home page.
- Then select “Security” where you’ll see different security settings you should click on the “Deactivate Your Account”
- On the next page choose the “Reason for leaving”, choose any reason but since you are going to temporarily deactivate your facebook account select “This is temporary, I’ll be back”.
- Now click the “Deactivate” button that you’ll find on the bottom of the page.
Now that you’ve successfully deactivated your facebook account temporarily. Do note when your account is in deactivate mode your profile won’t be visible to your friends or other people who search for you.