If you want privacy on what you browse then it is best to clear your browsing history then and there especially if you are browsing from a public computer.
Now we’ll see how to clear all your browsing data, cookies and cache on major browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Delete browsing history on Google Chrome:
To clear the browsing data on Google Chrome just follow the steps:
- In Google Chrome, click “Menu” and select “Settings”.
- Click the “Clear browsing data” under Privacy and then check the items you would like to clear.
- Finally click clear to delete all search history and browsing data from the browser.
Shortcuts to clear search history on Google chrome:
You can either use ctrl + shift + Del shortcut key or enter chrome://settings/clearBrowserData directly on the search bar.
Delete browsing history on Firefox:
- In Firefox, click Tools, and then click Options.
- Select the Privacy tab, and then under History simply select the ideal settings that is suited for your needs
- You can also set Firefox to clear your history automatically whenever you quit the application.
You can also directly use the shortcut key ctrl + shift + Del to clear search history on Firefox.
Delete browsing history on Internet Explorer:
- In Internet Explorer, click Tools(Gear symbol), and then select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, and then click Delete under Browsing history.
- Check the items you want to clear and then click Delete.
As always, you can also simply use the shortcut key ctrl + shift + Del to delete web history on Internet Explorer.